Families interested in applying for ECE-5th grade positions for the 2017-2018 year should apply during the Denver Public Schools First Round SchoolChoice window: December 14, 2016 – January 31, 2017. Interested families MUST apply through the District choice process AND MUST complete a Home Language Survey in the Valdez office. Information on the District’s choice process is available through the District website.
2016-17 Academic Year
Remember Key Dates!
- Don’t Miss! November 9, 2016, 6:00 – 8:00 pm: DPS Great Schools Expo, Mile High Stadium
- January 5, 2017: Round One of SchoolChoice for 2016-17 opens
- January 31, 2017, 4:00 pm: Round One SchoolChoice forms are due
- Mid-March 2017: Round One SchoolChoice notifications are sent no later than March 18
2016-17 Open House dates:
Wednesday, Dec 7, 8:15am-9:30am
Wednesday, Jan 11, 5:00pm-6:30pm
Friday, Jan 20th 8:15am-9:30am
RSVP: Selena_Silva@dpsk12.org or 720-424-3316
SchoolChoice Round One
Interested families should attend one of our open houses. Details available on our website.
When the 2017-18 First Round SchoolChoice student assignment process is run, there will be several factors considered. The following information is used to prioritize applicants who are interested in attending Valdez. The entire application process is managed by the DPS SchoolChoice office.
Note: No particular type of applicant is guaranteed admission in the First Round.
Note: Only students who have completed the additional enrollment steps regarding language verification will be considered at Valdez Dual Language School
1. Applicants who are currently enrolled and attending Valdez
2. Applicants with siblings who are currently attending Valdez
3. Applicants who are children of full-time faculty or staff at Valdez
4. Applicants who live in the Brown or Edison boundaries
5. Applicants who reside north of 6th Avenue and west of I-25
6. All other Denver Residents
7. All other Non-Denver Residents
Valdez makes every attempt to accommodate siblings who apply together in the same school.